Unity in Diversity Conference
25th - 26th July 2019 Brisbane, Australia
The Organising Committee invites the submission of papers for the Unity in Diversity National Conference 2019. Papers should pertain to original research, reports or works related to community, culture and inclusion. See the list of conference topics below.
Unity In Diversity Conference Submission Guidelines
Submission Key Dates
- Call for Abstracts - Open Now
- Abstract Close - 31st March
- Programme Announced - 15th April
The theme of the conference is ‘Unity In Diversity’ and through this lens, we seek to investigate concepts of resilience, inclusion, identity, multiculturalism, gender equality, community building, and Indigenous sovereignty.
The programme will build upon Townsville Cultural Festival outcomes by involving delegates from diverse communities, service providers, religious representatives, government and advocacy groups to engage with key issues affecting social cohesion, community resilience and the Australian identity.
Following are the conference topics. We welcome you to address one of these questions or nominate a topic that you wish to introduce to the conference program.
- What can Australia learn from current global social unrest?
- Overcoming barriers to social cohesion in Australia.
- What does Australian multiculturalism mean?
- The intersection of multiculturalism, social cohesion and mental health.
- Lived experience – Life as a refugee in Australia.
- Dispelling fear – Embracing cultural diversity.
- Cultural identity crisis – Who are we?
- Strengthening host communities to refugee and migrants.
- Cultural diversity and multiculturalism – What is holding us back?
- Multiculturism: Best practice models for social work
- How do ideologies of multiculturalism affect our economical and political models?
Abstract Submission Instructions
Step 1: Read the Abstract Submission Guidelines to ensure you understand the abstract process and requirements.
Step 2: Write your abstract submission using the instructions on how to prepare and format your submission.
Step 3: Click the ‘Submit Abstract’ button below to access the submission portal.
Notification of Acceptance
Notification of acceptance will be sent via e-mail to the submitting author by early April. Please ensure your enter correct email and phone number when submitting.
The presenting author will be required to register for the conference to ensure their abstract is included in the final programme.
Abstracts should be submitted by 11.59pm, 31st March 2019
The Unity in Diversity Conference will be hosted on Thursday 25th and Friday 26th of July at The State Library of Queensland, Cultural Precinct, Stanley Place, South Brisbane